Monday, May 20, 2013

Mission Field: Week 1


Week One.
Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM

  OK, so this place is just crazy!!!  It's so cool and scary all at the same time.  I have no clue what to think of it.  The food is rice and whatever else you can find to eat.  My comp is Elder Gilbert from Idaho.  He has been out 10 months.  And regarding the language I need all the help I can get for that.  It's going to be really hard!  P-day is Mondays.

  So the flight was the scariest thing I've ever done cause a barring or something in the turbine was
going out so it grinded the entire flight.  It was pretty sketchy... ocean was cool and we saw the sun rise, so that was fun! :)  We got picked up by the President & his wife, and 2 elders.  They are really nice and are full of energy!  I'm in Sal for the first transfer, in one of the best houses in the mission I guess!  The food is pretty average and has hardly any taste.

  Cape Verde is a mix of Africa and Europe.  Soccer is huge.  The two big teams played last night and it was crazy outside!  I don't even know how to explain it, but people are really wild about it. But yes, this place is cool and I'm going to have fun:).  I'm still trying to get a hold on all of it.

  The language is really crazy, (ha ha), they just start talking and then smile and laugh at you and you just smile back!!  (ha ha)

  Well, time is short, so I have to go.  I love you all and hope your doing well.


Love, Elder Stratton

No comments:

Post a Comment